In-House Corporate Paralegal (Alpharetta, GA
If you’re an innovative legal professional, with exceptional credentials, seeking to be on the cutting edge of the legal industry, we’d love to have you as a pioneering member of our team.
Engage Consulting Attorneys and Paralegals are a select group of sophisticated legal professionals who work alongside other exceptionally qualified attorneys in support of blue-chip clients. Our professionals bring world class in-house and law firm experience to a practice that provides self-determination, freedom, and flexibility while receiving excellent compensation and full benefits, including paid time off, healthcare, and professional development.
We’re looking for an extremely well qualified corporate paralegal to serve as a consulting attorney to our blue chip clients. Candidate should have:
- At least 5-10 years of experience in a sophisticated legal environment (large law firm and/or in-house legal department)
- Experience with commercial transactions and litigation management
- Experience coordinating with business representatives internally within the Finance, IT, Marketing, and Operations Departments as well as external customers
- Financial Technology (FinTech)/Credit Card Processing Experience (helpful but not required)
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Supporting in-house attorneys as a contract specialist, with primary focus on review and revision of a wide range of corporate and commercial agreements;
- Supporting in-house and outside counsel with M&A, Joint Venture, and Corporate Finance transactions;
- Reviewing Partnership Agreements and drafting summaries of key points;
- Supporting new independent contractor onboarding process by reviewing and ensuring sufficiency of required agreements and supporting documentation;
- Reviewing and revising commercial loan documents to correspond with term sheets;
- Reviewing and revising documents associated with changes in corporate form of partner/customer entities;
- Working with counsel to review and revise vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, cease and desists letters, and other standard form documents;
- Reviewing marketing material
- Coordinating document execution with company executives; managing hard copy files and electronic databases;
- Receiving, filing, and implementing levies and garnishments applicable to agent and merchant accounts;
- Receiving, filing, and implementing bankruptcy and receivership notices on agent and merchant accounts;
- Respond to subpoenas on agent and merchant accounts;
- Respond to various civil investigation demands and UCC liens/account hold/freeze notifications
- Support resolution of customer disputes/inquiries
Engage/LegalPartners is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Engage is an alternative model legal services organization – a modern take on legal practice. Our select group of consulting legal professionals – alumni of top law firms and in-house legal departments – work directly with our blue chip clients in a capacity similar to a management consultant – fully integrated with legal organizations for a finite period of time per engagement, providing sophisticated legal support. As part of the LegalPartners family, we have benefited from experience gained over nearly 20 years of connecting world class attorneys with sophisticated clients.
For more information, please visit www.EngageAttorneys.com