International Trade In-House Attorney
Law FirmHouston, Texas
If you’re an innovative attorney, with exceptional credentials, seeking to be on the cutting edge of the legal industry, we’d love to have you as a member of our team.
Engage Consulting Attorneys are a select group of sophisticated lawyers who work alongside other exceptionally qualified attorneys in support of blue-chip clients. Our attorneys bring world class in-house and law firm experience to a practice that provides self-determination, freedom, and flexibility while receiving excellent compensation and full benefits, including paid time off, healthcare, and professional development.
We’re looking for an extremely well qualified trade compliance attorney to serve as a consulting attorney to our blue-chip clients. Candidate should have:
- At least 4 years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house department with a focus on International Trade Compliance/Export Controls & Trade Sanctions
- Knowledge of the U.S export control regulations, including ITAR, EAR, and OFAC regulations
- Experience advising clients on compliance with US export controls, trade and economic sanctions, and anti-boycott controls
- Experience advising US and non-US companies on licensing, enforcement actions, internal investigations and compliance audits, export classification, encryption, compliance due diligence in mergers and acquisitions and other cross-border transactions, and on the design, implementation, and administration of compliance programs is preferred
- Ability to advise leaders and management on a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters, including identifying areas of risk and suggested improvements
- Experience with or interest in oil and gas and/or renewable energy transactions
Engage/LegalPartners is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Engage is an alternative model legal services organization – a modern take on legal practice. Our select group of consulting attorneys – alumni of top law firms and in-house legal departments – work directly with our blue chip clients in a capacity similar to a management consultant – fully integrated with legal organizations for a finite period of time per engagement, providing sophisticated legal counsel. As part of the LegalPartners family, we have benefited from experience gained over nearly 20 years of connecting world class attorneys with sophisticated clients.
For more information, please visit www.EngageAttorneys.com