Legal Sales Director
Engage is on the hunt for a Legal Sales Director to drive sales and manage accounts among Fortune 500 legal departments and Am Law law firms. The successful applicant will possess expert knowledge of the legal marketplace and/or experience in a similar market requiring a sophisticated, consultative sales approach. A deep desire to successfully disrupt stagnant industries and methodologies and deliver a fresh, entrepreneurial approach to outmoded delivery methods is imperative. Existing client relationships in the corporate legal community would be extremely beneficial in this role.
Beyond an ability to build trusted and expansive relationships, engineer strategic business development plans, and generate significant revenue, the role requires an ability to thrive in a collegial culture that values independent thinking and intrinsic motivation.
The Legal Sales Director will specifically:
- Develop, grow, and manage a book of business;
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan, including pipeline generation, relationship management, and closing deals;
- Meet revenue goals by leveraging existing client relationships and attracting new clients
- Forge, deepen, and maintain relationships with senior in-house legal department and law firm clients, including General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Legal Operations Managers, Firm and Office Managing Partners, and other practice group and legal department leaders;
- Liaise with attorney recruiting and fulfilment team to ensure flawless matching of attorney talent with client needs;
- Provide exceptional service consistent with an unblemished company heritage of consistently going above and beyond for clients and employees.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ sophisticated sales experience to senior executives, preferably in the corporate legal market;
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the legal industry, including industry trends and market dynamics;
- Innovative and entrepreneurial inclination with a strong desire to disrupt outmoded practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional academic credentials (Bachelor’s degree required; JD or legal practice experience helpful).
Engage is a leading national provider of interim attorneys for in-house legal departments and law firms. Our select group of engagement attorneys – alumni of top law firms and in-house legal departments – work directly with blue chip clients, fully integrated for a specified period. Our mission is to provide legal organizations with the most cost-effective way to quickly and efficiently engage and manage very specialized, one-off, high-caliber legal talent. As part of the LegalPartners family, Engage has benefited from experience gained over nearly 20 years of connecting world class attorneys with sophisticated clients.
Engage/LegalPartners is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org