M&A and Securities Attorney and Corporate Development Leader
If you’re an innovative attorney, with exceptional credentials, seeking to be on the cutting edge of the legal industry, we’d love to have you as a member of our team.
Engage Consulting Attorneys are a select group of sophisticated lawyers who work alongside other exceptionally qualified attorneys in support of blue-chip clients. Our attorneys bring world class in-house and law firm experience to a practice that provides self-determination, freedom, and flexibility while receiving excellent compensation and full benefits, including paid time off, healthcare, and professional development.
We’re looking for an extremely well qualified attorney with tremendous business acumen to indefinitely support a sophisticated, fast-growing, publicly traded FinTech client and serve as a critical component of the company’s growth in the FinTech space. Candidate should have:
- At least 7-10 years of experience at a top law firm or in-house department with a focus on M&A & securities
- Incredible business acumen, particularly experience evaluating, vetting, modeling and conducting diligence on companies and prospective business opportunities as well as supporting post-merger integration
- An understanding of regulatory issues related to the financial services sector, particularly those pertaining to financial technologies
- Ability to work closely with corporate finance and M&A teams on acquisition and post-acquisition strategies
- Ability to serve as key, strategic member of business teams, including partnering closely with other senior business and legal leaders on major corporate strategic initiatives
- Experience in financial services and/or financial technology (fintech) industry very helpful
- The ideal candidate will have both sophisticated legal and business experience
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing legal counsel on M&A and strategic ventures
- Assisting with SEC reporting, including 8Ks, 10Qs, 10Ks, and proxy statements
- Identifying strategic business opportunities, overseeing financial modeling, leading legal and business activities, spearheading diligence and financial vetting, partnering with and driving business development and corporate finance efforts, leading integration and operations of newly integrated business lines.
- Collaborating with various departments to analyze business and legal risks involved in strategic commercial relationships
This is an exciting hybrid business-legal role with direct impact on the overall direction of a fast-growing, innovative, publicly traded company.
Engage/LegalPartners is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Engage is an alternative model legal services organization – a modern take on legal practice. Our select group of consulting attorneys – alumni of top law firms and in-house legal departments – work directly with our blue chip clients in a capacity similar to a management consultant – fully integrated with legal organizations, providing sophisticated legal counsel. As part of the LegalPartners family, we have benefited from experience gained over nearly 20 years of connecting world class attorneys with blue-chip clients.
For more information, please visit www.EngageAttorneys.com