(NEW) MID-LEVEL COMMERCIAL LENDING ASSOCIATE WANTED FOR MID-SIZED TENNESSEE LAW FIRM (Chattanooga, TN)
Law FirmChattanooga, Tennessee
Our client, an outstanding midsized full-service firm with a rich history in Tennessee, seeks to hire a commercial lending associate with 4+ years of experience for their growing office. The preferred candidate will have expertise working on the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Specialize in documentation, negotiation, and structuring of financial transactions.
- Complete all stages of the lending cycle, from structuring, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing all loan documents.
- Advise clients on legal aspects regarding regulatory, compliance, and policy matters related to lending.
- Represent lenders, lessors, venture capital groups, investors, and sellers, and borrowers.
- Work in tandem with the real estate division to handle the transactional aspects of loans.
- Complete legal support for commercial lending from due diligence, loan documentation, and preparation of security instruments or guarantee agreements.
- Draft and negotiate leases, purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, easements, covenants, restriction agreements (or similar title agreements), amendments to any foregoing, etc., for commercial real estate transactions.
- Facilitate closings and complete post-closing documentation and administration.
- Coordinate with other team members, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff members.
- Effectively organize and monitor client files.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 3 to 4+ years of job experience as an attorney with commercial and transactional lending experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively advocate for and work with various types of clients is vital.
- Willing to pitch in, collaborate, and support the growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to problem solve, resolve, and close open issues and assist staff and colleagues with resolving issues that arise.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
This is truly a unique opportunity as it offers the best of both worlds; the opportunity to do sophisticated work for national and international clients, while working in a tight knit and collegial environment. Relocation candidates are encouraged and relocation assistance will be provided allowing TN barred candidates to move/return to Tennessee. For consideration please contact email@example.com.