(NEW) MID-LEVEL CORPORATE ASSOCIATE WANTED FOR MID-SIZED TENNESSEE LAW FIRM (Chattanooga, TN)
Law FirmChattanooga, Tennessee
Our client, an outstanding midsized full-service firm with a rich history in Tennessee, seeks to hire a corporate associate with 4+ years of experience for their growing office. The preferred candidate will have expertise working on the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with business leaders, in-house general counsel, and the legal department of client organizations to articulate risks and develop a legal strategy.
- Identify and analyze legal issues with an understanding of how to appropriately balance risk and the client's ability to pursue its business interests.
- Advise clients on a variety of business matters, including startups, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale transactions, investments, etc.
- Draft, review, modify and negotiate commercial contracts and other legal documents.
- Draft resolutions, consents, governing documents, certificates, and other governance-related documents and provide advice on entity formation and organization.
- Identify, manage and monitor any potential legal issues and offer guidance to management regarding how to comply with the law.
- Coordinate with other team members, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff members.
- Respond promptly to clients while delivering efficient and high-quality legal service.
- Effectively organize and monitor client files.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 4+ years of job experience as an attorney with experience working with for-profit businesses and/or non-profits.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively advocate for and work with various types of clients is vital.
- Willing to pitch in, collaborate and support the growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to problem solve, resolve and close open issues and assist staff and colleagues with resolving issues that arise.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
This is truly a unique opportunity as it offers the best of both worlds; the opportunity to do sophisticated work for national and international clients, while working in a tight knit and collegial environment. Relocation candidates are encouraged and relocation assistance will be provided allowing TN barred candidates to move/return to Tennessee. For consideration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.